Thursday, December 31, 2009

2010

New Year, Same Story.
To be honest I didn't want to spend this New Years alone.
Don't get me wrong people, I do spend it with the people I love most, my family.
But even while being there and celebrating the coming of a new year there's something missing.
And apparently there will always be something missing.
Sadly to say this New year isn't going to be all that amazing for me.
As I soak my face with different types of liquor and "try" to get things off my mind, someone will still cross my head that will feel like a dagger to my heart.
As if someone is just taking it and squeezing it beat by beat.
There's nothing you can do, but walk around with a smile telling everyone that you're fine.
That you're having a blast and that you are having an amazing time.
But deep down inside you know that it's just a shield that you put up, that you build, to block the true feelings that are running through you.
So as another year roles around I'm left with unanswered questions.
Thoughts of "what if", "what could've", "what should've."
But I guess I have to say that was 2009.
2010...well I don't know what it has in store for me.
A few trips planned, but nothing special, at least not anymore.
I have something to look forward to in 2010.
I graduate in May! I still find it shocking just how fast my college years went by.
Trying to get my career started is another adventure which awaits me.
So for all those out there...Enjoy this New Years.
Your never know how another year will end, until the time comes.
Spend it with your loved ones. Celebrate with them because they're the ones that guide you through the tough patches in your life.
In a way they're there to heal your wounds, and they will always be there.
So for this New Years I plan on not going crazy, but appreciating what I have in front of me.
Knowing that they were there for another year and that's something that will never change.
Friends come and go, all the time. But Family is there to stay.
The Love never fades away it just dims at its weakest moments but gets brighter at its strongest.

2010 Happy New Years.

No comments: